Staff Report | DFW Newsflash | February 2018
Alexandria, Va. – Helicopter Association International (HAI) recently announced the winners of the 2018 ROTOR Photo and Video Contest. Every year, photographers submit photos in a variety of categories that represent the helicopter industry. This year, HAI expanded the contest to also include video entries.
In addition to cash prizes, the winning photos and videos will also be on display at HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 in Las Vegas, Feb. 26 – March 1, where 20,000 attendees will get a chance to see these examples of fine helicopter media. Winning photos will also be published in the Winter 2018 issue of ROTOR Magazine.
We received hundreds of excellent entries in every category this year, but these photos stood out above the rest. Visit contest.rotor.org to view the following winning photos:
• Grand Prize Winner: Matthew Herberg, Virginia, Minnesota, USA
• Helicopters at Work Category Winner: Steve Lewis, Mojave, California, USA
• Helicopters in the Military Category Winner: Ryan Mattson, Puyallup, Washington, USA
• Helicopters Serving the Community Category Winner: Michael Stone, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
• People and Their Helicopters Category Winner: Scott Moak, Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
• Digitally Enhanced Photos Category Winner: Jacob Straube, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
This new addition to the contest brought us dynamic helicopter footage. However, because of the low number of entries we received, we chose to name two co-winners instead of a Grand Prize Winner and a Category Winner. Click on the winners’ names to view their videos. The winners are:
• Co-winner: Bryan Dudas, Lynden, Washington, USA
• Co-winner: Peter Balciunas, Melbourne, Florida, USA
SOURCE Helicopter Association International