DFW crime reports Dec. 11 – 17

Viol Bond/Protective Order
Dec.11, 6:58 p.m.

Three officers were dispatched to Terminal D, Customs for an individual with a protective order issued out of Missouri who was traveling with the protected person.

Upon arrival officers observed an individual being detained by Customs Agents. They were provided a detailed NCIC hit for a protective order against the suspect. The order was protecting a female who was not present in the area as she was already cleared through customs after arriving with the suspect from Puerto Vallarta (PVR), which arrived at 6:55 p.m. When she cleared customs, the female departed terminal D for Terminal C, gate C10 to board to St Louis.

Officers instructed DFW Communications to conduct a check on the suspect, a protective order returned against him.

The suspect attempted to explain the order was old and protected a different female.

The suspect stated the female was his fiancé. The suspect stated the person protected was the female from 2013. The suspect explained he had been in Mexico with the female.

He admitted he was served in August of 2017 with a temporary restraining order by the female, but he insisted the order was not valid because she, “Didn’t show back up for court.”

The suspect attempted several times to call her on his phone with no answer.

The suspect told officers there was an incident between himself and the female a few months earlier, and they were arguing on the plane ride to DFW Airport, but he insisted the protective order was expired. The NCIC detailed hit showed an issue date of August 2, 2017 and an expiration date of August 3, 2018.

The suspect violated the conditions of the Temporary Protection Order by traveling with the protected person, which he admitted to doing. Officers placed him under arrest for Violation of Certain Court Orders.


Public Intoxication
Dec. 14, 6:51 p.m.

Four officers were dispatched to Terminal B Gate 43, in reference to a possible intoxicated individual. DFW Communications informed officers, an individual, was being loud and bothering other passengers. On arrival, officers located the male individual sitting down, near Gate 43.

Officers made contact with the individual. The suspect stated, he was waiting to board a flight to Tyler, TX. He said, his wife was in labor with his twin boys. Officers asked which gate was he flying out of and he responded, “Gate 44,” but the flight crew denied him boarding, due to his intoxicated state. Officers noticed his speech was slurred as he responded to their questions and his eyes were in a bloodshot state. Officers asked if he had consumed any alcoholic beverages today, and he stated he had consumed three beers on the flight into DFW Airport from North Carolina.

At this time, he started a conversation about why he was denied boarding in a matter which didn’t make sense. His conversation on why he was denied boarding consisted of his “Dude” not getting along with the “Boss” because the Boss is sleeping with his Dude’s divorced wife and the Boss had admitted to embezzlement. As the suspect was speaking, he starting moving his left arm in a circular motion, laughing and stating “Heyyy.” Officers asked him to stand up and as he did, they noticed he had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from his person.

They also observed the zipper to his pants were in the down position. They asked him to zip his pants up and he immediately put both hands above his head and said, “What did I do”.

Officers informed him, he was intoxicated, in a public place, to a degree that if left unattended he would be a danger to himself and/or others. He was placed under arrest for Public Intoxication.


Public Intoxication
Thursday, Dec. 14, 7:19 p.m.

Six officers were dispatched to Terminal B to the T.G.I. Fridays in reference to an intoxicated person. Officers were advised the individual left the restaurant and was headed to the lower Terminal B Gates.

Officers arrived at Terminal B Gate 3 where they met with an individual who was seated on a Passenger Assistant Golf Cart. The suspect saw officers approaching from a distance and removed himself from the cart. They identified themselves as DFW Airport Police Officers and asked the suspect where he was traveling to and he stated “Jacksonville, Mississippi” which was home for him. He stated he had been in the DFW area for four days on business. They asked him for his driver’s license. He handed the officers his driver’s license and officers ran a check of the suspect through DFW Communications for any TCIC/NCIC warrants, that later came back clear.

Officers asked the suspect if he was at T.G.I. Fridays and if he had anything to drink. It took him a few seconds to answer “Jagger and water.” Officers responded with “huh” and he stated “water.” They continued to ask a series of questions involving how many alcoholic drinks he had, and numerous times the suspect would not focus his attention on the interrogating officers, but rather at another officer who was doing the check through TCIC/NCIC.

They asked what he had to drink, he responded, “Literally, four drinks.” They asked what they were and he stated, “One Jagger, one Coors, one Miller Lite, and Bud Light.” They asked if he had eaten anything while at T.G.I. Fridays, and he stated, “I ate before, but not here.” He stated the last time he had eaten was around 4:45 p.m. Officers asked “On a scale of 0 -10 with 10 being the most intoxicated you have ever been in your life, and 0 being sober, where would you say you are right now?”, to which he stated “8.”

Officers were concerned for the safety of the suspect as well as the traveling public due to him being intoxicated, not being able to answer simple investigative questions consistently, lack of being able to divide his attention, and him being in an area with hard floors, moving escalators, and stairs. Due to him being intoxicated in a public place and a danger to himself or others, officers placed him under arrest for Public Intoxication.

During the handcuffing, the suspect became resistant and grabbed one of the officer’s thumbs not allowing them to cuff him. Officers took the right arm of the suspect which was tensed up and attempted to maneuver it to where they could cuff it. The suspect kept his arms tensed, so officers placed him against a wall to get both hands where they could cuff them. Once they got the handcuffs on they began to escort him out to the patrol vehicle. Numerous times, he tried to turn around and was not cooperating in walking outside.

Officers performed a search and tried placing him in a patrol vehicle. The suspect refused to get into the patrol vehicle and was told several times to get into the vehicle. The suspect finally cooperated. He was transported to Station One Jail with no other issues.


Public Intoxication
Dec.14, 10:42 p.m.

Three officers were notified of an intoxicated subject at Terminal E, Gate 11.

Upon arrival, the officers met with an older male who was stumbling around and running into objects. As the officers began talking with the subject, they could smell a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath, and also noticed his blood shot eyes and slurred speech. Officers asked the subject if he had been drinking, and he stated he had. Officers asked where he was coming from, and he stated Fort Hood. They asked where he was traveling, and he advised Knoxville, Tennessee. He handed the officers his boarding pass on which an officer observed the subject missed his flight, which departed at 9:10 p.m. The suspect had difficulty answering questions.

Based on his strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath, slurred speech, unsteady while walking, and unable to answer simple questions, officers determined the subject was intoxicated to a point that he was a danger to himself or others.

He was placed under arrest for Public Intoxication.


Public Intoxication
Dec. 15, 12:29 a.m.

An officer was standing at Terminal E Upper Level Entry 31 in the parking garage when officers observed a female standing outside the entry doors smoking a cigarette. An officer, inside a marked patrol vehicle, instructed the female to smoke her cigarette in the parking garage. The female later began to cross the crosswalk.

The female left her bags near the entry doorway, and an officer instructed her to bring them with her. She went to retrieve one bag and the officers noticed she was unsteady on her feet. She only brought one of her two bags with her, so when she crossed the crosswalk to go back and get the second bag, the officer noticed her stumbling across the crosswalk. When she arrived, she put her bag down, and started to fall backwards, when a firefighter on traffic control caught her.

The officers asked her how she was getting to her next destination and she said, “Uber.” They noticed her phone was dead and asked “Is that your only phone?” to which she said, “Can I have a minute?” Officers asked her if there was anyone who could pick her up to which her response was “No.” They asked if she had to take an Uber or Taxi and she said, “Correct.” They asked how much she had to drink, and she said, “Way too much.” Officers advised they were uncomfortable placing her in an Uber due to her intoxication.

They asked again if there was anyone who could pick her up, and she said, “No.” Officers were concerned for the safety of the suspect due to her high level of intoxication, her unsteadiness on her feet, her not having a charged phone to make an emergency call with, and her not having a friend or family member to come pick her up. Due to her being intoxicated in a public place and a danger to herself or others, they placed her under arrest for Public Intoxication and escorted her over to the patrol vehicle located in the parking garage for transport.

Before the transport to Station One jail was made, officers contacted the DFW Airport Jail to verify they could take her. The jail was unable to accommodate another person. Officers then contacted Grapevine Police Department, but was unsuccessful with them as well. Officers advised her there was another cell phone in her purse, and she advised she could call someone from this phone.

They attempted to contact over seven people from her contacts list and were unsuccessful in having any of them answer the phone. It was decided they would allow her to get an Uber from the airport and go to her hotel. Officers approved advised her all charges would be dropped. They retrieved an Uber, and an Uber driver identified, removed her from the airport and took her to her hotel room in Addison.


Criminal Trespass
Dec. 15, 12:34 a.m.

Two officers conducted a welfare check on a female at Terminal A (A17 Baggage Claim).

Officers observed an individual who appeared to be sleeping in the seating area. They approached and woke the individual, and asked if she was alright. The female advised she was fine.

Officers recognized her from a previous welfare check at the same location (A17 Baggage Claim) on Dec. 9, 2017. During this previous encounter with the suspect she advised she has a criminal trespass warning notice issued to her for Terminal A. She advised she had nowhere to go or stay for the night. Officers conveyed to her at that time if officers came back and she was still there they would take appropriate actions.

Shortly after she advised she was fine, officers asked what business she had being at Terminal A and if she had an airline ticket. She was unable to provide an airline ticket or give a good reason why she at Terminal A. Officers informed her that taking up residency in the terminal areas of the airport is prohibited. She said, “You can just take me to jail. I’ve got a warrant out for my arrest.” Officers had DFW Dispatch perform a check through NCIC/TCIC for wants and warrants via her name and DOB. The check returned negative results. Officers requested DFW Dispatch to check for a criminal trespass warning issued to her out of Terminal A. DFW Dispatch advised they did have one on file for the subject out of Terminal A. Officers asked when it was issued to her, and they advised on Nov. 27, 2017.

At 1:10 a.m. officers placed her under arrest for Criminal Trespass, due to the fact she had notice her entry in DFW Airport Terminal A was forbidden, and she made entry.

While on route to the jail DFW Dispatch advised the jail was at maximum capacity and could not intake the suspect for holding. A check of surrounding cities also returned negative on a jail vacancy. A sergeant authorized officers to unarrest the suspect at this time. They informed the suspect there was no jail vacancy to hold her. They asked if she had anywhere to stay or wanted officers to take her. She conveyed she had nowhere stay to go. Officers transported her back to Terminal A and informed her she could stay inside the Terminal for the night due to the circumstances and extreme cold weather. They returned her property to her after removing the handcuffs from her wrists. They advised even though she was being released from custody she could possibly have a charge pending for the offense.


Public Intoxication
Dec. 15, 1:55 p.m.

Two officers responded to a call about an intoxicated female at Terminal C Entry 20.

Upon arrival they met with the intoxicated female. They were advised she had been denied boarding and rebooked for a later flight. Officers asked the female if she had anything to drink. She stated “Red wine”. From the moment the suspect spoke they could smell the very strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on her breath. Her eyes were also red and glazed over. She stated she did not have any family in the area to come pick her up, and wanted assistance in getting an Uber home. The suspect looked as if she had been crying for a while and was very confused about what was going on. She kept asking, “Why are you here” and “Can you help me?” She also stated she had attended AA meetings in the past and was trying to get help. The suspect was asked for an email address and, or phone number several times but she was unable to provide that information due to her intoxicated state.

Due to the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on her breath, her red and glazed over eyes, confused state, and the fact that she was intoxicated and traveling alone in a public place, officers determined she presented a danger to herself and others and placed her under arrest for public intoxication.


Assault Causes Bodily Injury Family Violence
Dec. 17, 5:18 a.m.

Two officers were dispatched to a possible domestic between a mother and daughter near Terminal E Gate 16 entry.

Upon arrival, as soon as officers exited they were met by a woman yelling, telling officers she just got hit by her mother who was walking on the curb headed toward the lower gates. An officer stayed with the first woman and another officer caught up to the woman walking away.

The victim advised her mother hit her several times in the face with a right handed closed fist. The victim advised the relationship had been physical in the past as well. Officers asked how it escalated and the victim advised she was picking up her daughter from her mother. The victim advised her mother came outside after getting off of her flight and left her daughter and her bag in the roadway. The victim stated when she questioned her mother about leaving her daughter in the street she was then punched in the face. The victim advised she wanted EMS. Medic 601 arrived on scene and provided medical aid for minor cuts to the face as well as an ice pack for swelling and a busted lip. She was treated and released by medics on scene.

Officers met with the suspect and gathered the following. The suspect said she just flew into DFW to bring her daughter’s child back to her. The suspect said she took her granddaughter to her mother’s car on the curb near E20. She told the child that she loved her and goodbye and tried to walk away. The suspect said her daughter got out of the car and started screaming at her and began to chase her. She said her daughter chased her inside and pushed her twice. The suspect could not provide any further detail about being pushed, such as where it occurred. The suspect could not give detail about where she was chased from or to. Officers retrieved a statement from a witness who advised the mother struck the daughter in the face. The witness went on to say in her statement about the mother also pushing her in the face.

Investigation revealed the suspect struck her daughter in the face. The suspect was placed in arrested Assault Bodily Injury Family Violence.


Morals and Decency Class C 370 Pornography/Obscene Material
Dec. 17, 2:28 p.m.

Three officers were dispatched to Terminal A, Gate A39, for Disorderly Conduct. Dispatch advised that a male wearing a turquoise shirt and light color shorts was sitting in the gate area watching “porn” at full volume.

Upon arrival, officers observed the male sitting near Gate A39 with his back turned to them. The officers approached the male, from behind, and observed him watching a video depicting sexual acts. At the time, officers observed the obscene image and did not hear any audio. They identified themselves and requested the male step away from the gate area to speak with them. Officers advised him it is a Criminal Offense in the State of Texas to view pornographic material in a public setting in a reckless manner. They further advised him that due to being unable to contact the reporting party he was not under arrest at this time, who was offended, no longer being in the area or in contact with the police.

After speaking with the suspect, they were approached by an ABM employee who stated the female victim was standing away from Gate A39, because she did not wish to be seen by the suspect. The victim stated she began to hear “absolutely disgusting noises” that were inappropriate. She further stated she believed the noises to be that of a pornographic and sexual nature. She informed officers she got up and walked past the suspect to see what he was watching and observed him to be watching “porn” on his cell phone. She described seeing “people” (indicating together with hand motions) on his cell phone. She stated she then approached an American Airlines employee who was frustrated she was informing her of his actions. She stated she then found a second airport employee (ABM Employee) and informed her of the situation and requested that she call the police.

While officers were speaking with her, she was visibly upset, offended, and crying while telling them what she had seen. She stated several times she was offended by his actions and did not wish to fly on the same aircraft as him.

Because the suspect was watching obscene material in an intentional manner that an average person, applying contemporary community standards, would find that taken as a whole appeals, to the prurient interest in sex and was reckless as to whether a person who was present would be offended or alarmed by the material, he was arrested for Obscene Display or Distribution. The material depicted a patently offensive representation or description of the ultimate sexual act, normal or perverted, actual or simulated, including sexual intercourse, masturbation, or lewd exhibition of the genitals taken as a whole lacked serious literary value, artistic, political, or scientific value.

The suspect was arrested for the obscene material.