DFW Crime Reports: April 30th – May 6th

Public Intoxication

April 30, 9:30 a.m.

Two officers were dispatched to Terminal B, Gate B15 in reference to a subject who was possibly intoxicated onboard an inbound American Airlines flight.

While waiting to speak with the reporting person, later identified as an Envoy Air flight attendant, officers saw a male passenger in a rush to get off the plane who was stumbling to the point he almost fell off the portable walkway that connected the aircraft to the jet bridge. Officers immediately identified this passenger as the suspect and escorted him up the jet bridge to the sterile side of the terminal. While walking behind the suspect, officers could smell a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from him and noticed he was stumbling uncontrollably to the point he had to use the walls for balance. At one point, the suspect ran into the inside wall of the jet bridge where the jet bridge sections connect. The suspect handed over his Texas driver’s license while walking.

Once inside of the terminal, officers asked the suspect if he knew where he was. The suspect first stated “Corpus Christi, police department, airport.” Officers asked the suspect how much he had to drink, and he stated “two beers.” Officers asked if he was traveling alone, and he stated “yes.” Oficers asked a second time if the suspect knew where he was and he stated “in Maine.” The whole time officers were speaking to the suspect, they could smell a heavy presence of an alcoholic beverage emitting from him, he had extremely blood shot eyes, was unsteady on his feet and had white foam starting to form in the corners of his mouth. The suspect began to cry shortly after the investigation started.

Due to the suspect being intoxicated in a public place to a degree he was a danger to himself and or others, he was placed under arrest for Public Intoxication. The suspect was handcuffed and, for his safety, placed in a wheel chair. Once the suspect was secured in the wheel chair, officers spoke to the flight attendant who stated the suspect consumed 2 shots of Tito’s vodka and 2 shots of Jack Daniels during the 1 hour and 26 minute flight to DFW Airport. The suspect missed his connecting flight. While sitting in the wheel chair, the suspect became loud and obnoxious, using vulgar language, so officers used the fire door exit at gate B15 to get to the public side. The suspect was searched and placed in the back seat of a patrol unit and transported to DFW Station 1 jail.

Burglary Motor Vehicle

April 30, 8:45 p.m.

Two officers were dispatched to 2701 Bethel Rd. (Amazon) in reference to a theft. DFW Communications advised the caller’s ex-fiancé has been taking things out of his vehicle while he was at work and that she was no longer on the premises.

Upon arrival, officers met with both the victim and an Amazon security guard. The victim stated he packed all of his belongings in his black in color 2014 Ford Expedition before coming to work because he was planning on moving out of the residence he shares with his ex-fiancé. The victim stated he and his ex have been dating since October of last year and have been engaged since February of this year. The victim stated he and his ex have had issues ever since they started dating. The victim stated his ex showed up to Amazon demanding the house key. The victim stated his ex had her own key, but he didn’t want to cause a scene at work, so he agreed to let his supervisor bring the house key to the front lobby to give to her. The victim stated he returned to his vehicle after his ex left the location and noticed his gray Apple iPhone SE was missing from a mount on the dash near the driver’s side air vent.

Both the security guard and the supervisor were present near the front lobby where the suspect was waiting. They both advised the suspect was cussing while talking on the phone, and threatening to damage the victim’s vehicle if she did not receive the house key. The supervisor gave the key to the suspect at approximately 7:20 p.m. The security guard advised they had security camera footage of an individual matching the description of what the suspect was wearing that day (black shirt and black tights) climbing on the hood of the victim’s vehicle and hanging down through the sunroof.

Officers watched the video footage and observed a dark in color four door sedan pull up and park next to the victim’s vehicle which was parked on the west side of the building. An individual wearing all black gets out of their vehicle, attempts to open the doors of the victim’s vehicle, and then disappears from camera view. Later in the footage, the individual wearing all black climbs onto the victim’s hood and hangs down through the sunroof from the waist up, pulls back out of the sunroof, and leaves.

The victim stated the suspect, his ex, drives a dark gray Nissan Maxima, and stated his sunroof hasn’t worked since he let the suspect drive his vehicle a few days ago. Officers asked the victim what it would cost to replace his phone and he stated he was not sure because he is still making payments on it. The victim stated he did not give the suspect permission to enter his vehicle or take his phone. The victim stated he would like to press charges. The victim stated he did not remember the suspect’s phone number, but the suspect works at a dentist’s office in Fort Worth. The victim advised he attempted to call his phone but it had been turned off.

Officers attempted to follow up with the victim on May 1 at Amazon but he was not at work. One of his coworkers had spoken with him earlier and gave officers a phone number to reach him at. Officers called the number and spoke with the victim. The victim stated the phone belonged to a friend, and he was planning on getting a new phone on Friday and would likely change his number. Officers asked the victim if he and his ex were on the same phone plan, and he stated they were not. The victim advised multiple friends told him his ex was sending them stuff from his phone, but he is not sure how she unlocked it.

On May 2 at 1:30 p.m., a detective contacted the suspect and left a voice message requesting she return his call. At approximately 2:45 p.m. the suspect returned the call. During the phone call the detective inquired about the cell phone, and she stated she did take the phone from the victim’s vehicle. She further stated she bought the phone, and the clothes, and other property he took from her house, and she had a deal that you only take what you came with. The detective advised her at that time he would most likely being getting a warrant for her arrest for Burglary Motor Vehicle. At approximately 2:30 p.m., the detective called the suspect back and requested she come in for an interview and to bring the phone she took from the victim’s vehicle. She agreed to come in on May 3 for an interview.

On May 3, the suspect arrived at DFW Police Criminal Investigations and was escorted to interview room # 2. The suspect was advised she was free to go at any time and was free to stop the questioning at any time; she advised she understood. Detectives asked the suspect if she had the phone, and she stated she did and turned it over to the detective. They observed the screen was broken and the suspect advised it was that way when she took the phone. Detectives then asked her to start from the time she arrived at Amazon. During her statement she stated she had gotten on the hood of the victim’s vehicle and reached through the sunroof and took the cell phone from the cradle that was attached to the vehicle’s air vent.

Driving While Intoxicated

May 1, 2:30 a.m.

An officer was conducting a patrol while travelling North on North International Parkway around the 3600 block when he observed a 2015 blue Hyundai Elantra travelling at a slow rate of speed around 3600 North International Parkway. The officer observed the vehicle enter the South Control Plaza, the control arms at the plaza opened, and the vehicle remained at the plaza for over four minutes.

The officer then began to follow the vehicle after it departed the control plaza and observed the vehicle weave inside its lane of travel. The vehicle continued its slow rate of speed of approximately 45 mph in a 55 mph zone. The officer observed the vehicle fail to signal a lane change from the middle lane into the left lane and fail to signal another lane change from the left lane to the Terminal D entrance ramp. The officer then observed the vehicle enter into the Terminal D upper roadway where it made a series of sharp lane changes from the middle left lane and the middle right lane. The vehicle came to a stop at Terminal D upper roadway entry 20 and the officer observed an occupant exit the vehicle and run inside the terminal. The officer exited his patrol vehicle and verbally instructed the driver to stay in the vehicle where he was parked.

The officer approached the vehicle, made contact with the driver, and smelled the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from inside the vehicle. The officer observed his eyes to be bloodshot. The driver advised his friend went inside to use the restroom. The officer asked the driver for his driver’s license and he presented the officer with a New Mexico license, which he fumbled through his wallet to find. While trying to present his driver’s license, the officer observed the driver keeping his body positioned so he could not see anything in the driver’s section of the vehicle. The officer asked the driver where he was travelling to, and he advised he was trying to find his hotel. The officer asked him what hotel he was going to, and the driver advised he and his friend were not going to a hotel. The officer asked the driver where he was travelling to again, and he advised he and his friend were driving to New Mexico. The officer asked the driver where he was coming from, and he advised he and his friend were coming back from a concert. The officer asked the driver if he had consumed any alcohol at the concert, and he advised he had several Dos Equis. The officer asked the driver how long ago did he consume his beer, and he advised around two hours ago.

Two more officers arrived and took over the investigation. Officers could immediately smell the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from the vehicle, and noted the driver’s eyes were watery and bloodshot. The two officers asked the driver the same questions the previous officer asked, then asked the driver what time his last drink was, and he advised around 1 a.m. Officers asked the driver if he had anything to eat while drinking, and they could not understand his response, because he was speaking quietly. At this time, the officers had the driver exit his vehicle in order to conduct the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests.

The first test administered was the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN) Test. Officers ensured the front flashing emergency lights were off and the driver was faced away from oncoming traffic in order to prevent any interference or distractions during the test. Officers asked the driver if he had any recent head injuries and he advised he did not. Officers asked the driver if he had epilepsy and he replied he did not. The driver also stated he was not taking any prescription medication. Officers observed the driver was not wearing glasses and he stated he was not wearing contacts, and further noted the driver had equal tracking and equal pupil size. Officers observed 4 of a possible six clues. During the evaluation, officers noted the driver had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on or about his person.

The second test officers attempted to administer was the Walk and Turn. Officers explained the test in its entirety and asked the driver if he understood. During the Instruction Phase, officers noted the driver placed his left foot in front of his right foot (heel to toe) even though he was instructed to place his right foot in front. As officers completed the remainder of the instructions, they noted the driver’s feet broke apart. Prior to completing the Walking Phase, the driver advised he did not understand the instructions and asked for them in Spanish. Officers attempted to explain the Walk and Turn in Spanish, but at the completion of the instructions, the driver then advised he did not understand the officer’s Spanish and did not wish to attempt the test.

At this time, one of the officers re-administered the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus and observed 6 of a possible six clues. He also observed Vertical Nystagmus, which can be an indicator of a high amount of alcohol for the driver.

Based on the vehicle in motion observed by officers, personal contact from all officers on scene, and the pre-arrest screening phases, officers believed the driver did not have the normal use of his mental and physical faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol into the body. The driver was operating a motor vehicle on a public roadway and was placed under arrest for Driving While Intoxicated.

Hit and Run

May 2, 5 p.m.

An officer responded to a possible hit and run at the 6E employee parking lot. Upon arrival, the officer met with the owner of the victim vehicle, a 2016 Nissan Maxima.

The victim walked the officer over to his car which was parked on the west side of the parking lot approximately 3-4 rows north of the south fence line and 3-4 spaces in from the west fence line. As they approached the vehicle the officer observed some minor scratches on the bottom left side of the vehicle just behind the rear the wheel.

The victim stated he arrived at the parking lot at approximately 7:40 a.m. on May 2, parked his vehicle at that location and board an employee bus to go to work. The victim stated he arrived back at his vehicle at approximately 4:40 p.m. at the same location.

The officer conducted a search of the immediate area and did not locate any vehicle with damage which could have been caused when striking the victim’s vehicle. The estimated amount to fix the vehicle is greater than $200.


May 3, 1 p.m.

An EAN Holding Risk Supervisor arrived at DFW Police Criminal Investigations to report the theft of one of their vehicles. The supervisor reported an unknown person drove their 2017 Black GMC Yukon out of their maintenance yard without authorization. The vehicle exited through the entry side of the guard shack by pulling up on the curb with the left side of the vehicle, while the right wheels went over the dragon teeth without causing apparent damage.

The supervisor delivered a thumb drive with security video showing the theft of the vehicle; however, the driver cannot be seen. The vehicle is valued at $44,243 and EAN holding desires prosecution in this case.

Later that day, around 2 p.m. Dallas PD Officers responded to an abandoned property call involving the stolen GMC Yukon. Officers subsequently arrived at an address on Coit Rd. in Dallas, TX and located the stolen vehicle and arrested a man for the theft of the vehicle. The vehicle was confirmed stolen through DFW Police Communications, removed from NCIC, and towed to the Dallas Auto Pound.

A Dallas Auto Theft Task Force Detective later interviewed the suspect who stated he had rented the vehicle from a person who goes by the name of “Boston” around midnight the night before.

Driving While Intoxicated

May 4, 12:30 p.m.

An officer was dispatched to a possible DWI entering the airport from the North Toll Plaza. Dispatch advised a police officer from another agency was the reporting party and was currently following a white pickup truck. The officer was stationary at the North Control Plaza (1400 International Pkwy) when he was dispatched to the call. The officer headed southbound on International Pkwy and was able to get a visual on a vehicle matching the description.

The officer observed the white pickup traveling in the middle lane approaching Terminal A. The white pickup suddenly made an unsafe lane change without signaling from the middle lane and took the exit to Terminal A. On the Terminal A Loop Roadway the vehicle changed from the right lane to the left lane without signaling and entered the garage. The officer followed the vehicle into the garage and was able to confirm the license plate, which was given by the reporting party. The officer activated overhead lights and conducted a traffic stop at Terminal A parking garage, level 3 gate 19 for the traffic violations observed. Before the officer could exit his patrol unit the white pickup began driving off.

The officer activated his siren momentarily in attempt to get the driver’s attention. The vehicle continued to drive despite the siren, so the officer continued to follow the vehicle. Another officer advised he was at Terminal A garage Level 1. The pursuing officer transmitted on the radio for the second officer to remain on level 1 of the garage as the driver appeared to be following the exit signs. The pursing officer was behind the vehicle as it exited the ramp to level 1. The second officer stopped the other vehicles that were on the down ramp in front of the white pickup at which point the pickup was stopped on the ramp. A third officer arrive on scene to assist.

All three officers approached the pickup and attempted to get the driver of the pickup to open the door and exit the vehicle in order to conduct an investigation. When they approached the window of the vehicle, officers observed there was a can of energy drink on center the cup holder.

The driver refused to unlock the door or roll down the window. DFW Communication advised the driver of the pickup called 911 and stated he was not sure the people around his car were police officers. All the patrol units on scene were marked and every officer present was wearing DFW Airport Police uniform and badge. Officers released the vehicles on the ramp in front of the pickup at which point the driver took off. Officers lost sight of the vehicle for a short period of time.

DFW Airport Security advised on the radio they saw the vehicle at Terminal B infield parking. Officers were able to get the driver out of the vehicle and detain him using handcuffs. The driver stated he had not had any alcoholic beverage tonight and was not taking any prescription medication or any type of drugs. The driver advised he had not suffered any recent head trauma. Officers asked the driver why he did not stop when officers were behind him trying to get him to stop, and he stated he was afraid, because he had been beaten up by the police before. The driver stated he was at the airport trying to catch a quick flight just to get away. The driver stated he drove from Arlington to DFW Airport. When officers asked the driver further questions he would take quite a long time to answer the questions and had a blank look in his eyes. Due to the fact the driver had a hard time answering questions by taking a long time to answer and did not seem to be able to focus, officers felt he was on a depressant type of drug, not alcohol.

Officers then conducted a Standardized Field Sobriety Test. They faced the driver away from oncoming traffic and ensured the front facing emergency lights were turned off in order to prevent any interference or distractions during the test, heavy traffic was not an issue to the fact of the time. The first test administered was the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN). Officers noted the driver had equal pupil size, equal tracking and no sign of resting nystagmus. Officers observed two of a possible six clues.

Officers then began the Walk and Turn portion of SFST. Officers advised the driver they would instruct him how to perform this portion and would demonstrate it for him and the driver advised he understood. Officers advised him to assume the starting position after demonstrating it for him. The driver advised he understood and upon moving into the starting position he stumbled out of the position as he lost his balance. Officers instructed him to move back into the starting position and to stay in position until he was instructed to do otherwise and the driver advised he understood. Officers then demonstrated how to properly conduct this portion of SFST and the driver advised he understood. Officers then advised the driver he could begin when he was ready. The driver stopped after taking several steps and seemed to be confused about how many steps he needed to take and about how many he had taken. Officers detected seven possible clues.

Officers then began the One Leg Stand portion of SFST. Officers advised him to raise one leg of his choice approximately six inches off the ground, keep the front of his foot pointed forward and the bottom of his foot parallel with the ground. Officers told him to look at his raised foot, count out loud in the manner they instructed, keep his arms to his side, and to keep his foot off the ground until they told him to stop. Officers asked the driver if he understood and he advised he did. Officers then told the driver he could begin when he was ready. Officers observed the driver swaying and using his arms while attempting to balance. Officers then observed the driver put his foot on the ground to regain his balance and raise it again to continue. Officers detected four possible clues overall.

Based on investigation, personal Contact, and pre-Arrest Screening Phases, officers believed the driver did not have the normal use of his mental and physical faculties by reason of intoxication. The driver was intoxicated while operating a motor vehicle in a public place and placed under arrest for Driving While Intoxicated. The driver was also charged with Evading Arrest.

Public Intoxication

May 5, 6:30 p.m.

An officer notified DFW Communications she was on a passenger assist near Terminal D, Gate 21, and requested another unit to her location. A second officer arrived on scene to assist. The first officer advised the female being assisted was possibly intoxicated. Officers observed the female passenger was very unsteady on her feet and was swaying from side to side. The second officer positioned himself to the side of the passenger to protect her from falling due to her poor balance. Officers could immediately smell a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from the passenger’s person and breath as she spoke. Her eyes were red and glassy.

Officers attempted to communicate with the passenger but she was speaking only in French. Officers spoke with an American Airlines Gate Agent and asked him if the airline had any French speaking employees who could assist with translating. They were met with negative results. Officers asked the passenger if she had been drinking. The passenger attempted to answer but her words were very slurred and due to the language barrier, officers could not understand what she was saying.

Throughout the investigation the passenger was very unsteady on her feet and unable to stand on her own. She spoke with a thick tongue and slurred her words as she spoke. Officers felt the passenger was highly intoxicated due to her actions. Based on these facts, they determined the passenger was intoxicated in a public place to a degree she was a danger to herself or others. Officers advised the passenger she was under arrest for public intoxication.

Public Intoxication

May 5, 8:30 p.m.

Two officers were dispatched to Terminal D, Gate 20 in reference to an intoxicated male. Upon arrival officers made contact with a security services officer who advised a male flagged him down stating he was intoxicated and needed help.

As officers approached Gate 20, they observed a white male sitting on the floor, looking down, and immediately smelled the odor of alcohol. Officers asked the passenger what was going on, and he advised he had been denied boarding on his flight to Lima, Peru. Officers asked the passenger if he had been drinking, and he said yes. When asked how much he had to drink, he advised a lot. The passenger said he had been drinking at the airport.

Officers assisted the passenger to his feet. The passenger slurred his words as he spoke, and he spoke slowly and deliberately. His eyes were closed and his head drooping for most of the conversation. The passenger was also unable to stand on his own due to his intoxicated state, so officers retrieved a wheelchair for him to sit in. The passenger was traveling alone and had no one to care for him, and was unable to care for himself. The passenger would be a danger to himself if left unattended, and so he was placed under arrest for Public Intoxication.


May 5, 11 p.m.

An officer was notified by DFW Communications of a bag stolen off the employee bus and the reporting party was waiting at the E5 baggage claim. The officer met with the reporting party who told him she traveled from terminal E to the employee parking lot and her bag was stolen.

The victim said she was a Delta flight attendant and had arrived on a Delta flight a little before 10 p.m. The victim stated she got on a grey employee bus at the Terminal E section B employee bus stop at approximately 10 p.m. The victim told the officer she placed her black roller bag and leopard print handbag on the bus luggage rack and took a seat where she could not see her luggage. The victim advised the handbag handle was over the roller bag’s handle and they were stowed together. The victim advised there were approximately 25 employees on the bus which traveled to the Terminal E employee lot. The victim advised she attempted to recover her luggage at the second stop and noticed only her black roller bag was present on the luggage rack. The victim advised she checked the bus and had the bus driver call dispatch to see if her bag had been turned in. The victim told the officer she requested police be notified when her bag did not turn up.

The victim did not know the bus number or the bus driver’s name. She also did not observe anything suspicious while on the bus or notice who may have got off the bus at the previous stop with her bag. Officers asked the victim to provide them with information on the contents of the bag and their monetary value. The victim provided the following:

Leopard print handbag ($70)

$10 (US)

Tan in color Michael Kors wallet ($120)

(5) gift cards (120)

(4) Credit Cards (no value)

Texas Driver’s License (no value).

The total monetary value comes to $320.

The victim advised she also had Delta Manuals and a set of keys containing a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe car key and a house key in her bag. Officers informed the victim to contact her bank and have her credit cards cancelled. Officers advised the victim to recover her vehicle since it is parked in the employee lot and her keys are missing. Officers asked the victim if she had traveler’s insurance. The victim advised she did not, and that she wanted to file a theft report. Officers advised the victim they would generate a report and provided her with the report number and phone number for DFW Legal.

After conducting an investigation it was determined a theft occurred due to a person (unknown) unlawfully appropriating property with intent to deprive the victim of property.

Criminal Mischief

May 6, 9 p.m.

Three officers were dispatched to Terminal C Gate 2 in reference to a white male who had broken the jet bridge doors and gone down the jet bridge. Upon their arrival, officers immediately noticed the two jet bridge doors leading down the jet bridge were damaged. The glass on both doors was shattered. The American Airlines Gate Agent stated the man in question had walked down to Terminal C Gate 27 and was no longer in the area.

Officers proceeded to Terminal C Gate 27. While in route to Gate 27 they got further description: the male was wearing a brown hat and was carrying a neon green box. DFW Communications advised the male in question could be at the Customer Service Center at Terminal C Gate 25. Officers walked to Gate 25 and noticed a man matching that description with a neon green box by his feet. Two more officers arrived on scene to assist.

Officers approached the suspect who was now standing in line and told him they needed to speak with him. The suspect asked if he could “handle his business with the Airlines first.” Officers stated “No I need to talk with you over here.” The suspect rolled his eyes and replied “I’m going to handle my business with the Airlines.” Officers asked one last time if he would step out of the line and talk with them, the suspect did not give an answer. Officers told the suspect to turn around and place his hands behind his back. Officers advised the suspect he was detained for Criminal Mischief. While trying to put handcuffs on the suspect, he refused to put his hands behind his back. Once officers were able to get his hands behind his back, he clasped his hands very tight in a preventive way so officers couldn’t get handcuffs on him. Using Soft-Hand techniques an officer took the suspect to the ground and applied handcuffs.

Shortly afterward MCR sent a photo of a white male matching the description of the suspect walking in Terminal C. Officers showed the suspect this picture and asked if that was him in the photo. The suspect stated “Ok, You got me!” While escorting the suspect to the Terminal C Upper Level Curb, officers could smell the odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath. While searching him incident to arrest officers asked the suspect how much he had to drink tonight. The suspect replied “three beers.” Officers asked the suspect what type of beer he drank and where he drank it, he replied “Don’t treat me like I’m stupid, I don’t know the name of the place.”

Throughout the entire contact the suspect was very angry and uncooperative with all officers’ questions and commands. Due to the suspect’s angry demeanor, uncooperative behavior and strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath officers determined he was intoxicated to a degree that was a danger to himself or others and was arrested for Public Intoxication.

During the transport an officer went back to Terminal C Gate 2 to obtain witness statements from passengers in the area. The officer obtained two witness statements from passengers who came forward wanting to share information. The passengers were sitting in the Terminal C Gate 2 area when the suspect broke the Jet Bridge Doors and proceeded down the ramp.

American Airlines video footage was obtained of the suspect breaking through the jet bridge doors and going down the jet bridge. Officers viewed this footage and confirmed it was the suspect in the video. Due to the suspect’s verbal statements, the written statements from passengers, the video footage from American Airlines, and the damage to the jet bridge doors, officers added the charge of Criminal Mischief 2. The damage to the jet bridge doors is estimated to be around $1500.